Bill joined me for a bariatric surgery support group last night at Northside. I was so grateful he came! It was about plastic surgery after tremendous weight loss. I am fascinated by that subject and watched many a show on Discovery Health.
There is a very good chance I will be 'normal' sized again. Normal meaning a size in single digits. Normal meaning I fit in a airplane seat. Becoming 'normal' makes me teary in a overwhelming freedom and victorious kind of way. I never, ever thought it was possible. I thought I was sentenced to this huge body for life.
Well, well, well, 5 days until the surgery. Holy Toledo, it is here!
I go to Northside at 7:30 am Wed, Aug 18th. The surgery should take 1.5 hours.
Slippers, check
Robe, check
Cinderella sippy cup, check
bullet blender, check
Still going strong on the ultra low carbs. Meat, cheese, eggs & green vegetables.
Do green Chewy Spree count? hhh (Hardy-Har-Har)
The night time cravings are horrible but I have a trick to staying sane: Herbal mint tea and Bejeweled.
Am I sane? Not sure. The anxiety is surging through my brain and heart.
Tomorrow will be an awesome day. My bestie Jodi offered to do a 'before' photo shoot for me. We will meet at Billy's fav park then I will watch the kiddies for a while. Her baby girl, Gracie, is celebrating her 3rd b-day tomorrow night. Billy will have an entire day with his best friend in the whole world, Jodi's sweet son, Wyman.
Here is a good description of the sleeve surgery:
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/cmsID,8874/mode,content/a,cms/

Abby, I'm checking in on the countdown! Tomorrow's the day!!!!!!!!!! Your preparations sound great and I'm so thrilled that Bill went with you (what a blessing) and that you have had some pre-surgery fun and celebrations. For some reason I feel compelled to say "Bon Voyage" like your trip on the gurrey will be taking you to a cruise ship then back home here for a new adventurous chapter. I'm so thrilled that you are hopeful and encouraged - I know that will make all the difference in the world in your healing and results. I know that your spiritual journey will be at the core of all of this too -will pray for your consistency and yearning for that source of supernatural strength. I'm praying for you, Bill, Billy and the surgical team !!!!! Talk to you on the flip side "little lady". ;)
ReplyDeletep.s. I LOVE your new blog site look, part of your "personal renovation"? :)
ReplyDelete