background

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Abby's Day Out

I had a big day out today - nail salon, Billys' school, Wal-mart & the pool. My poor fake nails were still clinging on somehow. I think I got them Aug 9. So new nails, pretty toes & feet and I even got my eyebrows done - a first for me. I'm so grateful to be alive & on the mend I felt like a little pampering.

Billy got off the bus in tears because left his jacket at school so we jumped in the car to go get it. His new K teacher, Ms. Salo is terrific. Great to meet her. Saw the Sight Word accomplishment chart in the wall. Billy is tied for 2nd out of all the K classes in how many sight words he knows. He is at 50! One boy has all 200. Needless to say, we worked on sight word flashcards tonight. He asks to do them. Man, I love that kid!

Went to Wal-Mart for lots of stuff but in particular Blue Bell no sugar popsicles. Can't find them at Publix or Kroger either. The hospital had them. All other sugar-free pops have sorbitol or some other -ol and that gives me quite the tummy ache. I found some Mayfield pops that were just 50 cal a piece so I got those. Banana pops, um, YUM! If you notice Blue Bell no sugar pops at your grocery store send me a note. Thanks!

On the way back from Wal-mart I noticed our community pool is still open! I rushed home and grabbed suits. Billy & I got a sweet swim in before dusk. Kept my incisions dry :)

Wow, I am tired. Tomorrow will be special. Bill & I get to spend the day together. Perhaps we will go join Lifetime Fitness.

Oh, food. So I had cream of wheat, Dan Active probiotic drink, Carnation instant breakfast (chocolate) and cream of chicken soup & mashed potatoes with extra protein added. While I'm popping tums and pepcid like candy, I am so pleased with how well the food is progressing. Not too much tummy trouble except when taking pills or liquid meds.

30 lbs gone - waahoooo!

1 comment:

  1. We enjoy No Sugar Added Edy's pops. They do have 2g of sugar alcohol, but we haven't gotten any tummy aches from them. Of course your surgery was a different one and every BODY tolerates things differently.

    Glad you are at home and enjoying your time with Billy. Hope it continues to get better!

    ReplyDelete